Posted 26 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22001752
OPPORTUNITIES FOR MATERIAL HANDLER
Kent Building Supplies is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values. Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community.
As a material handler, you will offer great customer service including ensuring that our product displays are safe and easy to shop, you will assist customers with picking and loading their products. To offer these services, you need to enjoy manual handling and physical work. A high attention to detail will ensure exceptional levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Follow all Health and Safety rules and legislation while performing job functions
- Load and unload trucks, operate forklift and other material handling equipment
- Pick material for customer orders, assemble material and pack appropriately for pick up or shipment to customer
- Inform your direct supervisor of any inventory discrepancies and damaged/defective material that would impact customer service
- Maintain workplace cleanliness and safety by removing empty cartons, metal banding, pallets, and other debris
- Inform supervisor of any safety issues within the warehouse and lumber yard
- Help customers as needed
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of warehouse/yard experience
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop comprehensive product knowledge
- Ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and any other material handling equipment
- Possess a high level of attention to details
- Able to learn and operate the applicable computer system (D635) used to process orders
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
This is for our various locations in Nova Scotia Market:
- Kent Building Supplies - Antigonish (35 Market St, Antigonish)
- Kent Building Supplies - Amherst (130 S Albion St, Amherst)
- Kent Building Supplies - Inverness (15818 Central Ave, Inverness)
- Kent Building Supplies - Port Hawkesbury (16 Paint St, Port Hawkesbury)
- Kent Building Supplies - Stellarton (60 Lawrence Blvd, Stellarton)
- Kent Building Supplies - Sydney (530 Grand Lake Rd, Sydney)
- Kent Building Supplies - Truro (104 Wade Rd, Truro)
To apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later