Posted 22 days ago
Competition Number: 22001751
INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS DESIGNER
Chart Your Course With Fleetway Inc...
With a strong foundation established over 30 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, training, logistics, translation, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
Fleetway's experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
We are looking for a qualified Instructional Systems Designer for our Dartmouth, NS office.
Our Instructional Systems Designer works within the Training team and performs training needs analyses, training media analyses, occupational analyses and personnel requirements on systems and equipment. They also provide instructional design on courseware development projects for instructor-led training, eLearning and for desktop and mobile applications plus work with Simulation/Trainer Staff in determining requirements for trainers.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Education required: An undergraduate university degree with a major in one of the following fields - Education, Adult Learning, Distance Learning or eLearning
- 3 years' experience in the application of Training analyses, instructional design and technical documentation
- Expertise with computer techniques and models for analysis, simulation or information systems and documentation
- Knowledge of the Canadian Forces Individual Training and Education System (CFITES) is an asset
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Conducts Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Training Media Analysis (TMA), Occupational Analysis and Personnel Requirements (OAPR) in support of new assets (e.g. ship class, vehicle fleet, oil platform, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains design authority to implement training strategies and design the curriculum and training program using the latest adult learning and Instructional System Design principles
- Designs and develops a range of delivery platforms such as in-class training, e-learning modules, self-paced online and blended learning, simulation, virtual/augmented reality to meet the learner and business needs, working collaboratively with designers and project team to align on strategy and vision of a seamless customer experience
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and vendors with regards to training strategy, processes, templates, standards and quality throughout the analysis, design and development phases of the project lifecycle, in alignment with overall project vision
- Contribute to Requests for Proposals, generate estimates, work breakdown schedules, technical enquiries, special studies, presentations, or other tasks as directed by Technical Training Manager
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience; along with a comprehensive Total Rewards package including;
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Flexible work hours
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and individual development plans
- Growth and progression opportunities within Fleetway and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Business casual work environment, with casual Friday's
Additionally, in your covering letter, we ask if you could identify how your work background and experience aligns with the job profile and requirements.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Save for Later