Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients' needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About the Team & Business Line:
Fund Administration is Citco's core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry's most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.
As a core member of our Fund Accounting team, you will be working with some of the industry's most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon.
- You will form part of a professional team responsible for maintaining the books and records of the funds & preparing fund financial reports and investor allocations.
- You will work to global procedures and internal best practices
- You will be expected to assist and work with a small team of Fund Accountants and local management to service our clients who consist of investment managers and institutional investors within those Hedge Funds.
- You will perform valuation of hedge fund portfolio holdings
- You will provide analysis of fund performance and prepare performance/P&L related reports
- You will investigate, communicate, and resolve valuation/P&L related issues with hedge fund clients
- You will perform price verification and prepare sign-off packages
- You will monitor compliance with various client service agreements.
- You will have oversight and preparation of complex 'Net Asset Value' calculations and investor P&L allocations in accordance with Service level agreements and internal controls.
- You will keep and maintain financial records (balance sheet, general ledger entries and profit & loss statement) including accrual reconciliations versus external sources, review cash, trade, position & dividend reconciliations from other internal departments
- You will monitor and bookkeep the activity in the Fund, covering corporate actions, income and expenses, fees, capital transfers and performance fees
- You will monitor compliance of various agreements with the clients
- You will work with all team members to improve product quality and consistency
- You will lead migrations & new fund launches to successful completion
- You will train and support team members in their development
- You will operate as a contact point for clients; able to respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary
- You will maintain detailed knowledge of investment process and products to effectively respond to Investment Manager queries
- You will act as liaison with various internal /external parties – ie Auditors, Brokers, Legal Counsel, and Investment Manager
- You will assist with ad hoc projects
- You have a Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or economics
- You have nearly qualified or completed CA, CMA, CGA, CPA or CFA designation
- You have an accounting / finance background with relevant experience
- You have experience at hedge / mutual funds or investment companies
- You have an understanding of investment strategies and financial products (including derivatives)
- You will be at an advantage if you have some successful supervisory / management experience
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have demonstrated financial reporting, analytical and organizational skills
- You have strong Office and Outlook skill set (especially Excel)
- You have a proven ability to work in a challenging and professional work environment
Your well being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.