Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients' needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About the Team & Business Line:
Fund Administration is Citco's core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry's most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.
As a core member of our Interface Solutions team, you will be working with some of the industry's most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon.
The Interface Solutions group is responsible for the majority of data flows, inbound and outbound, for various Citco applications including Æxeo and Ephesus. As a global group with representation in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, Interface Solutions provides business support for all CFS offices on a global basis. This support must be provided seamlessly and the various regions work together cooperatively. Client support is provided based on resource availability and not client location. Working together, Interface Solutions management sets all strategic policy for the group and ensures that common policies and procedures are implemented across all regions.
The successful candidate will be part of the Inferface Solutions group whose responsibility will be to manage all aspects for currently supported reconciliations commencing with ensuring all counterparty account and data integrity and ETL requirements are addressed, sourcing data, inclusive of rec and statements, and addressing daily production support issues.
The AVP will lead a team that require a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of data processing and reconciliation (trades, cash and positions) processes with prime brokers and counterparties.
The successful candidate will have the ability to follow manage work processes and interact with high profile clients and brokers/counterparties. He/she must have an in-depth understanding of complex financial instruments and ETL processes.
As AVP of the team, they are responsible to manage all aspects of automating and processing, via currently supported ETL interfaces, the load of broker/counterparty activity/position related data into Citco's downstream reconciliation tools. The candidate is expected to be able to manage the team with the resolution of data issues based on a comprehensive understanding of the overall data flow.
The AVP will be responsible for requesting and following up on all data requests between parties, and insuring that all needed information is obtained on a timely basis. He or she will be responsible to self-manage their workload, drive the team to meet theirs and report on the teams' deadlines to the Vice President/Senior Vice President, and provide feedback to other departments on availability for the purpose of managing internal and external expectations around world.
As new reconciliations are made available, this team will manage roll out to all existing and new clients. The AVP will be expected to exhibit leadership and give guidance to Team Leads and Senior Analysts and the more junior members of the team. This position will entail supporting all reconciliation systems.
The position will require the ability to effectively building and maintain strong working relationships between CFS and Prime Brokers, Counterparties and Banks.
- Collectively, the Reconciliation Support Team is responsible for ensuring that data/file/ statements delivery is established and is flowing as expected when new interfaces are implemented or new clients go live.
- You will work collaboratively with the Strategic Reconciliation Team to establish expected delivery dates, and effectively manage expectations with internal operations staff.
- Serve as an Interface Solutions escalation point for all internal and external clients
- Escalation point for all reconciliation issues where data content discrepancies are encountered. Assist when external interaction is necessary.
- Ensure team deliverables meet necessary quality criteria and internal operations SLAs
- Assist staff with their daily work as need arises
- Act as liaison between the client/counterparties/other Citco offices
- Manage relationship with Integration and operations teams to coordinate client on-boarding projects in line with our standard operating model
Working with Counterparties
- You will drive the Team Leads in pushing improvements in broker data feeds including timing improvements.
- Assist Team Leads in identifying and improving relationships and coordinating monthly meetings with key contacts at brokers/counterparties
- Assist Team Leads in maintaining documentation on what is learned from the brokers in terms of their platforms, the best files per instrument type, and key contacts at the brokers
- You will participate in POCs to evaluate improvements to reconciliation tools.
- You will participate in the fiscal year end audit process and provide information to internal and external auditors, or other Citco office, in adherence to CFS audit standards.
- Review procedures and recommend solutions in order to improve efficiencies
- Work with internal and external teams to identify and implement process improvement
- Monitor team performance; proactively and reactively ensure sufficient resources are available to meet deliverables
- Ensure implementation of available controls to achieve efficiencies and drive process improvements
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure structured approach is followed for planning personal and team workload distribution
- Proactively keep Senior Management abreast of all material issues affecting the processing of deliverables
- Review the key strengths and skill gaps assessment of the current staff to ensure that Team Leaders are managing and tracking training needs
- Take ownership of ad hoc reporting and operations metric requests from management
- Identify the need for, initiating and management of P1 P2 calls, ensuring standard procedures are followed
- Prepare and conduct staff reviews as well as manage staff progression
- Manage staff time tracking and absence records in the respective admin tools
- Manage the timely collection of performance metrics for MIR/KPI reporting for presentation in a standard format for management
- Track progress towards goals and KPIs, motivate and support team efforts to achieve goals, take remediation action where issues and trends present themselves
- Lead by example, be a good role model and positively influence the team to achieve a high quality standard of work
- Promote an environment in the team that encourages pro-active resolution through seeking root cause analysis
- Actively builds and forges strong relationships with internal and external customer and serves as a positive ambassador for the team, through being someone who can:
- Effectively project manage, and manage the team to dates
- Effectively manage escalations to resolution
- Dissipates confusion and forge clarity
- Exhibit a can do, positive attitude
- Hold a comprehensive understanding of and be able to speak to the complete Interface Solutions offering
- You have a degree qualified in an IT/Business related discipline
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, economics, computer science, or relevant field
- 5 + Years in Financial Services with an exposure to Operations processing
- Strong understanding of financial products and strategies that a hedge fund might use. Financial product knowledge includes Domestic, Global and OTC security markets, Fixed Income and derivative product knowledge.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to users in terms that can be easily understood
- Experience working with data files is a must
- General knowledge of databases or experience using SQL Server (T-SQL) and/or Oracle is required
- Hedge fund operations experience, preferably with cash, notional and OTE reconciliation experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including confidence in managing upward/downward communication channels
- Experience managing and motivating a team, preferably in a virtual team setting
- Experience taking ownership of visible client issues and the ability to manage sensitive client escalations effectively
- Recognizes when to escalate issues and keep senior management and other stakeholders informed
- Key Competencies:
- Business & Commercial Acumen: Uses general knowledge of the overall CFS operational environment, how different functions interact, client business requirements, financial instruments and relevant CFS systems to generate innovative ideas in order to improve performance
- Quality and Risk Management: Diligently implements CFS processes with team to ensure compliance and reduce risk; communicates high quality standards; seeks opportunities to implement efficiencies
- Client Relationship Management: Places a high priority on client service and satisfaction; understands client deliverables; uses appropriate interpersonal skills and technical ability to build positive client relationships demonstrating credibility and value of CFS services
- Coaching & Developing Others: Collaboratively provides timely guidance and feedback to motivate and help others strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas needed to accomplish work/performance goals
- Drive for Results: Regularly reflects on their own and team performance; takes pride in personal and CFS success; creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skills on the job and continues learning through their application
Your well-being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.