Cost Analyst, Implementation
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. This year we delivered the second lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started. The third ship will be delivered in 2022.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Cost Analyst, Implementation
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
- Academically qualified with a recognized university bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 5 Years or more experience as a cost analyst or similar role meeting the below described qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in data, operational and financial analyses, including the application of said analyses to new/evolving data sets
- Demonstrated experience in successfully preparing results of cost analyses to management and leadership
- Experience in development of new processes pertaining to cost analyses
- Experience in the review, analysis, synthesis, and incorporation of cost information from disparate sources
- Experience in the development of cost breakdown structures
- Experience pertaining to the above in new product design to build projects
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and relational databases, with demonstrated experience in using these tools to support cost analyses
- Knowledge of accounting processes and cost analysis software tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or associated field
- Comfortability with interacting and communicating with all levels of management
- Experience in the shipbuilding/naval sectors, major construction contracts or Defense contracts considered an asset
- Knowledge of document control and configuration management in a Defense environment considered a strong advantage
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Support the maturation of estimates to build the Canadian Surface Combatant fleet of ships;
- Support the integration of cost estimates into detailed commercial proposals
- Support, and in some instances lead, the development of processes to guide the review, analysis, synthesis, and integration of cost estimates developed by Irving Shipbuilding and those developed by subcontractors
- Support the review, analysis, synthesis, and integration of cost estimates developed by Irving Shipbuilding and those developed by subcontractors
- Support and lead the development of materials to support corporate governance processes, leading to approval of subject estimates
- Brief management on the status and results of shipbuilding estimates and materials to support corporate governance processes
- Proactively address and resolve issues that have the potential to impact the successful and timely completion of scope of the Implementation Proposal Team
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in support of review, analysis, synthesis, and integration of cost estimates.
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of compani es.
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Stephen Empringham,
Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.