Project Control Specialist
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. This year we delivered the second lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started. The third ship will be delivered in 2022.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Project Control Specialist
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
- Academically qualified with a recognized university bachelor's degree in a revelent field
- 5 Years or more experience working on build/manufacturing projects utilizing the following qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent required
- Demonstrable experience in the development of Work Breakdown Structures for build or manufacturing projects required
- Experience in large-scale project control systems required
- Experience with Earned Value Management required
- Must be proficient in the use of MS office products (Excel, Project, Words, Etc)
- Must be proficient in the use of large-scale enterprise scheduling, resource planning, and performance monitoring software (e.g., Primavera Version 6 and Ecosys)
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Act as the main liaison between the CSC Implementation Proposal team and CSC project controls, with the main responsibility of ensuring proposals developed for the CSC Implementation Contract are aligned with existing and future control systems
- Support, and potentially lead, the development of an agreed Work Breakdown Structure and Cost Breakdown Structure between ISI, the Government of Canada, and subcontractors on a common for the CSC Implementation Contract
- Support, and in some instances lead, the development of Work Breakdown Structures for aspects of the CSC Implementation Contract
- Support the creation of statements of work for ISI and subcontractor activities
- Assist in the creation and issue of instructions to internal ISI functions and subcontractors to be used in their development of their inputs to CSC Implementation Proposals to ensure they interface with ISI controls systems, including but not limited to aspects of Earned Value Management
- Review ISI and subcontractor proposals
- Complete other duties as required
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of compani es.
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Stephen Empringham, Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.