Posted 25 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22000953
J.D. Irving, Limited's Woodlands Division is managing woodlands operations throughout New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Maine. Many of our operations are in remote areas and several of our employees and partners stay at Company Camps for weeks and months at a time. JDI has a dedicated team of culinary professionals who manage an efficient restaurant style operation to ensure our employees have access to quality, delicious, homestyle meals.
Central New Brunswick Woodlands is looking for a dedicated Sous Chef to join our team in Deersdale, New Brunswick. The successful candidate will assist the Lead Chef with food preparation and menu design, ensure that the food being served is top quality, and uphold high standards of cleanliness and professionalism at all times.
What We Offer:
- Full-time employment working with a large and diverse organization
- Competitive compensation package that includes:
- Hourly rate ranging between $18.00 - $23.00 (based on qualifications and experience)
- Annual isolation bonus of $2,250.00 (paid bi-annually)
- Health & dental benefits
- Matching RRSP contribution
- Ongoing personal and professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Free lodging and meals on site
- Food safety certification
- Successful completion of a Culinary Arts program from a recognized post-secondary institution is preferred but not required
- Class 5 driver's license
- Previous experience cooking in a remote location for large groups of people would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and email
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
- Prepare special dietary meals as required
- Prepare bagged lunches for offsite consumption
- Bake daily sweets such as pies, cookies, cakes, and squares
- Bake daily bread products
- Ensure cleanliness, hygiene, and food safety standards are maintained
- Ensure kitchen and storage areas are clean and organized at all times
- Maintain public dining area in a clean and well-stocked condition
- Raise client and staff inquiries and requests to the Lead Chef
- Address complaints and resolve issues professionally and diplomatically
Hours of Work:
A variety of work schedules are available, including:
- Monday - Friday, days (8:00am - 5:00pm)
- 4-on-4-off, alternating between days and evenings (3:00am - 3:00pm and 8:00am - 8:00pm)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later