Posted 27 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 21006771
At J.D. Irving, Limited, our role as stewards of the land is one of the most important we play. Our business begins with the forest, and we are committed to overseeing sustainable forest management. An integral piece of our forest management strategy is our tree planting program. JDI first started planting trees in 1957, and since that time we have planted over one billion seedlings, a national record.
Whether you are a New Brunswicker who wants to live and work here at home, or you simply want to experience the beauty of the Maritimes, JDI has you covered. Come grow your career with us!
Our tree planting program is ensuring healthy, sustainable forests for generations to come. Learn more about JDI's commitment to tree planting here: Tree Planting Informational Video
What We Offer:
- Full-time employment working outdoors in a team environment
- A minimum of 50 planting days, weather depending, starting in early May
- $0.09/tree piece work
- Earnings expectations of $145-$265/day (the more you plant the more you earn!)
- A scholarship ranging between $500.00 - $1,000.00
- A 40 hour work week, Monday - Friday
- All ground is mechanically site prepared
- Transportation is provided to and from the work site
- Southern New Brunswick (Moncton, Sussex, Saint John),
- Must be at least 16-years of age
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willing and able to perform physically demanding tasks
- Plant seedlings in various terrain and weather conditions
- Meet daily production, quality, and safety targets
- Follow proper planting techniques
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later