Jump Recruitment is currently seeking candidates for the permanent, full-time position of Corporate Controller for our client located in St. John's, NL.
WHO WE ARE:
Our client is a management company that oversees 400 employees, 10 quick service restaurants, multiple commercial and residential properties.
Reporting to the President, the Corporate Controller is responsible for full cycle accounting including reporting on weekly operating results and monthly/quarterly/yearly financial statements.
- Operate independently to perform complex accounting and provide analytical support to the President.
- Prepare various reports including monthly/quarterly/yearly financial statements, weekly operating results, gross margin, and cash flow with appropriate variance analytics.
- Communicate financial results with executive management.
- Manage accounts receivable, invoicing, cash, and analytics.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Develop financial forecasts and manage the budgetary process.
- Identify and prevent inaccuracies in financial statements by monitoring internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
- Develop accounting policy, internal controls, and information systems.
- Perform analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts including bank reconciliations.
- Manage the company's monthly and yearly closing.
- Liaison with external financial statement auditors.
- Ensure corporate compliance with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Assisting in special projects/ad hoc reports as requested.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Professional accredited accounting designation (CPA-CA/CMA/CGA), supplemented with an undergraduate Business degree.
- 5-10 years of experience in full cycle accounting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard accounting standards, principles, procedures, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent communications skills, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYMENT EXCELLENCE:
- Our client offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
If you are a highly motivated team player, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in confidence today! For more information, please contact:
Christine Phillips | HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | [email protected]
Jump Recruitment | https://www.jumpcareers.ca/
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.