Posted 4 days ago
Competition Number: 22000290
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products in markets throughout Canada, the United States, around the world... and we're still growing. We've got a Head Office in Dieppe, NB with Sales Offices located in Toronto, Montreal and Boston. We're a company that rewards performance and initiative, looking for people who deserve to be recognized for rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done.
On top of a commitment to quality and value, the Packaging Supervisor will uphold the highest standards of safety and sanitation, working with our Supervisors and Managers to maintain our efficiency and keep our great team doing what we do best. The successful candidate will directly supervise our stellar unionized team, interacting with every branch of the plant, seeing real results from their work. The Packaging Supervisor will share our belief in continuous improvement, and will be someone who consistently challenges themselves to grow, with an eagerness to help others.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems and continuous improvement.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to multi-task
- A proven track record of being pro-active and taking initiative.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP and Health and Safety regulations.
- High School Diploma, Post-secondary education preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years leadership experience preferred
- Team Leadership: Coaching, engagement and performance management of team focused on packaging. Be a champion for safety and food safety. Ensure packaging area cleanliness and organization. Build engagement through communication and teamwork
- Plan and coordinate staffing, line set and equipment utilization to optimize the packaging performance. Ensure all required checks and paperwork are completed
- Work with packaging leaders to identify training needs and requirements of the team.
- Monitor equipment setting and set up to ensure optimized performance
- Coordinate and execute rework with Production Scheduler
- Coordinate & communicate production schedule execution according to quality, efficiency and recovery standards. Collect and validate recorded production data, identify deviations and take corrective action(s). Inform employees and Sr Production Supervisor of corrective actions and discuss improvement opportunities. Ensure proper use and completions in E1
- Planning: Develop/set maintenance activity priorities and communicate to the team ensuring execution
- Facilitate shift, safety, crew and production meetings and daily management tours (daily//weekly) to achieve established production and safety targets are met
- Plan and coordinate execution of continuous improvement projects - monitor key measures in packaging area for success
- Administration of time, payroll, documentation related to safety/hazards, reporting, responding to audits
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, pleae apply by February 4th, 2022 to job ID 22000290 at www.jdirving.com/careers
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later