Posted 6 days ago
Competition Number: 22000269
To be based in New Annan, PEI.
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen potato products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have state-of-the-art processing plants in New Annan PEI, Lethbridge, Al, Wheatley, ON and another in Jamestown, ND, with head offices in Dieppe, NB and sales locations in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the Shipping Supervisor will be a self starter with a strong work ethic, "Can Do" attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Community College or University Degree or equivalent work experience;
- 2 to 5 years of Managerial and/or Supervisory experience;
- Previous experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement/Logistics/Shipping/Warehousing environment would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience in Supply Chain and a solid understanding of the factors that affect supply/demand;
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines;
- Ability to analyze data and present information effectively and accurately;
- Understanding of customer expectations and a willingness to exceed these expectations;
- Participate in regulatory audits (CFIA, SQF, CTPAT);
- Understanding of the safety requirements for Forklift and Working from Heights;
- Ability to identify key KPI's to drive data driven decisions to improve the business;
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team;
- Experience leading in a unionized environment;
- Strong computer skills.
- Responsible for the clean, safe, and efficient operation of 2 Cold Storage Warehouses, 2 direct reports and 73 indirect unionized employees;
- Promote a culture of Continuous Improvement within the department;
- Support the New Annan team in Bedrock continuous improvement;
- Work with outside vendors and suppliers to ensure efficient and optimal service to the New Annan site;
- Key role within New Annan Leadership Team and contributor to the goals of the operation;
- Communicate immediate, short, and long term objectives of the department;
- Work closely with Production, Deployment and Transportation to ensure all warehouses are operating efficiently;
- Maintain accurate records of finished goods and all logistics for one or more business units;
- Ensure the Shipping Department's stock rotation is maintained to company standards;
- Act as a company officer in dealings with brokers and transporters;
- Ensure the workplace is clean and organized at all times to Irving Standards;
- Engage employees to department and organization's goals;
- Follow up on performance issues;
- Effectively communicate with all other internal departments to ensure the safe and efficient shipping of customer orders.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by September 1, 2022.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later