Posted 14 days ago
Competition Number: 21006875
MERCHANT CATEGORY MANAGER APPAREL
Chandler is a collaborative team focused on high value products, services and solutions that assist our customers in achieving their business goals. Chandler is committed to providing the best, and to achieve the goal, we are also committed to hiring the best.
Vendor negotiations, assortment planning and working with a highly motivated sales team are some of the aspects of this position that make it interesting. Chandler is a leading B2B supplier in Atlantic Canada and we are currently seeking a candidate for Category Merchant Manager.
The successful candidate will be a senior member of the purchasing team while working as a key member of the larger category team with sales and operations. Competitive compensation & benefits package included as well as access to continued learning and great possibilities for career advancement.
- Contract Negotiations
- Building Supplier Relationships
- Sourcing New and Innovation Products
- Assortment Definition
- Merchandise Planning for Ecommerce & Storefront Sales
- Inventory Control
- Leveraging Analytics
- Develop exit strategy for unsuccessful products
- Promotional buying
- Manage replenishment team to ensure product availability
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field is preferred
- 2 years of experience in purchasing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in inventory control, procurement, category management and supplier negotiations
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage competing priorities
What We Offer:
Chandler offers a very attractive compensation and benefits package along with opportunity for career advancement.
If you are committed to excellence, have high energy, are determined to succeed, and interested in working in a rewarding team environment, we would like to speak with you!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online today!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Chandler is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later