Office Location Halifax, NS (Downtown)
Alternate Location: Moncton, NB, Saint John, NB, St. John's, NL, Charlottetown, PEI
Req # 7211
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional to help drive growth, transform processes for a wide range of clients across Atlantic Canada. You will leverage your experience in HR to consult, identify opportunities for improvement, contribute to client growth and lead new business/sales opportunities.
As a Senior HR/HCM Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
• Leading and executing client engagements, providing exceptional client service to a wide variety of business sectors
• Creating and maintaining strong client relationships that demonstrate our commitment and interest to our clients and that we are here to provide our expertise, advice and assistance
• Primarily supporting the growth and delivery of a variety of business consulting services (reviewing operations, organizations and programs), identifying opportunities for improvement, while providing exceptional client service in the provision of a variety of consulting solutions, such as:
- Human Capital Management and Transformation
- Operational Transformation
- Strategy development and execution
- Digital transformation
- Other consulting services such as project management, organizational reviews and business process redesign
• Lead project tasks, define project scope and approach with project teams; track progress; coordinate team meetings and stakeholder communication
• Work collaboratively with Consulting Team to develop results-driven approaches, new service offerings/solutions
• Participate in business development including composing high quality and tailored proposals, building market eminence, developing client relationships, and pursuing new client opportunities
• Proactively growing the firm through differentiating the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace and community, supporting and driving business development and client service initiatives
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior HR/HCM Consultant? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• Open to applicants who reside in Atlantic Canada
• Undergraduate degree, with a relevant professional designation (would be considered an asset)
• HR Management, Recruitment experience or Human Capital Management solutions are strongly preferred assets
• Consulting experience is required.
• Demonstrated success with business development and/or RFP activities
• Exceptional business writing, communication skills and facilitation abilities
• The ability to lead and mentor colleagues
• Ability to connect and collaborate with people at various levels throughout an organization
• Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to manage priorities and execute multiple simultaneous assignments
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, leading a project from start to finish with limited direction
• Commitment to excellence and attention to detail combined with a strong desire to help clients succeed in all aspects of their operations
• An interest in learning and understanding the business as a whole rather than just a piece of the process
• Enthusiasm for helping businesses grow and adding real value
• Proven investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.