Posted 7 days ago
Competition Number: 22000131
OPPORTUNITIES FOR CABINET INSTALLERS
Kent Homes is Atlantic Canada's largest provider of homes and modular space solutions. We have been building quality structures since 1958 as part of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of businesses. Kent Homes Limited consists of three distinct business units: Kent Commercial, Kent Mobile Shelters, and the residential home division, Kent Homes. Located in Bouctouche, New Brunswick, we have 150,000 square feet of space dedicated to building quality homes and offices year-round.
We are always seeking to attract the very best talent for our operations. We currently have exciting opportunities available for CABINET INSTALLERS. This is a full-time opportunity, where you will work safely in a team based environment.
- Performing tasks involving physical labor on residential and commercial level manufacturing projects. May operate a variety of hand held and power tools. Cover roofs of structures with shingles, aluminum, wood, or related materials. (Training will be provided.)
- Calculate the area to be painted and the amount of paint needed
- Verify cabinet and counter top layouts and measurements
- Inspect cabinets before the installation process
- Operate and maintain edge banding machine.
- Follow layout provided to install cabinets in homes including crown molding.
- Fitting hardware into the cabinetry.
- Cutting wood and fixing components into the wall.
- Using protection equipment and ensuring quality control.
- Maintain a clean work station: pick up tools and equipment and secure work station each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the supervisor.
- Dexterity, physical fitness, stamina, attention to safety, customer focus, teamwork, and attention to details
- Ability to work in a team and complete daily tasks according to the work schedule.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance expectation with dependability and consistency.
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with superior organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- High degree of initiative with a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to follow instructions and learn new skills.
- Strong work ethic - punctual with a positive attitude and willingness to work.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
What we offer:
- Standard, consistent work week- Monday to Friday
- Health, drug, and dental coverage
- Company match RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance Program and other benefits
- A safe work environment
- Year-round indoor production facility
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Approved employer for Apprenticeship NB
- Red Seal eligibility towards carpentry, electrical, and plumbing
- Opportunities to participate in incentive plans
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Homes Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later