Posted 6 days ago
Competition Number: 22000116
We are looking for a Spare Utility to join our team at Lake Utopia Paper based in St. George, New Brunswick.
This is an entry level position into the Operations Team at Lake Utopia Paper, entailing primarily field work within the operating facility.
- Provide shift relief for production employees and other related duties of the Spare Utility position
- Perform general labour duties including clean-up and material handling
- Demonstrate the ability to work with little supervision and be goal oriented
- Demonstrate initiative and be willing to work in a team environment
Who We Are:
Our team operates within highly technical, fast paced, competitive businesses and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products, we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to leading a successful team. True leaders never stop learning and are never satisfied with the status quo.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick that produce a combined 1 Million Tonnes of Product and employ over 1000 employees.
- Education Required: Completed 2 year post-secondary education within a related industrial field: Process Control Technology/ Chemical Technology/ Mechanical Technology.
- Years of Experience Preferred: 2-5 years.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to think outside of the box and constantly look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Mechanical aptitude an asset.
- Display initiative and work flexibility.
- Must be able to work well within a Team and with minimal supervision.
- Must be medically fit and physically capable of manual labour.
- Lake Utopia Paper is a 24/7 operation - shift work will be required in this role.
- More than $400 million recently invested into improving and growing the Pulp & Paper Division, with significant future capital investment planned at all four of our Pulp and Paper Mills.
- Career growth opportunities in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Leadership, and many other disciplines.
- Significant investment in training including partnerships with some of the best Educational Institutions in the country.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Lake Utopia Paper is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later