Posted 8 days ago
Competition Number: 21006981
FOREST PRODUCTS TRUCK DRIVER (CLASS 1 DRIVER)
At J. D. Irving, Limited we provide unlimited career opportunities in a team based collaborative environment, and help you achieve your professional goals through ongoing development opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement and use leading edge technology. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families and are proud supporters of our communities. Come join us to grow your career!
J.D. Irving, Limited, NS Woodlands Division is currently seeking candidates for Forest Products Truck Driver (Class 1) . Operations will take place within Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Forest Products Truck Driver will be expected to operate the Truck in a sa fe, efficient and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited's Best Management Practices and maintain all legal requirements for operation on public roads. The Truck Driver will be required to maintain production and utilization targets, and work independently in remote environments Work will consist of short haul routes, with drivers being able to return home at the end of the each shift.
- Education Required: High School diploma at a minimum.
- Years of Experience Required:
- 2-5 years of truck driving experience, preferably operating a logging truck in off highway conditions.
- Valid Class 1 Drivers License or equivalent.
- General truck mechanical skills will be considered and asset.
- Operate and drive the truck in a safe, efficient, and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited's Best Management Practices
- Maintain productivity, production and utilization targets, and work independently in remote environments
- Perform general daily inspections and notify for repairs as required
- Perform inspections on the truck and cargo to ensure everything is safe and secure
Conditions of Employment:
- Competitive Pay Rate starting at $22.00 Hourly possible hourly bonus pay based on KPI's.
- Health & Dental Benefits Retirement Savings Plan
- Hours: Minimum 50 Hours a week. 12-hour Alternating Shifts Sunday - Friday.
Employment Location: 529 Valleydale Rd, Valley (Truro).
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by January 31, 2022.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later