Posted 4 days ago
Competition Number: 21006978
FOREST MACHINE OPERATOR
At J. D. Irving, Limited we provide unlimited career opportunities in a team based collaborative environment, and help you achieve your professional goals through ongoing development opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement and use leading edge technology. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families and are proud supporters of our communities. Come join us to grow your career!
J.D. Irving, Limited, NS Woodlands Division is currently seeking candidates for Forest Machine Operator . Operations will take place within Nova Scotia with the potential for travel into Eastern New Brunswick. Harvesting Operators will be expected to operate the equipment in a sa fe, efficient and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited's Best Management Practices. The Forest Machine Operator will be required to maintain productivity and utilization targets, and work independently in remote environments. Performance of general daily maintenance and repairs is required.
- Education Required: High School diploma at a minimum
- Must have Valid Nova Scotia Drivers License
- Years of Experience Required:
- 1-5 years of operating machinery in a forestry operation, or operating heavy machinery in another context
- General heaving equipment mechanical skills will be considered and asset.
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate will be considered an asset.
- Operate harvesting machinery in an efficient, and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited's Best Management Practices.
- Maintain productivity, production, and utilization targets, and work independently in remote environments.
- Perform general daily machine maintenance and repairs as required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Competitive Pay Rate: up to $20.00 - $26.00 Hourly (based on skill level) hourly bonus pay based on KPI's.
- Health & Dental Benefits Retirement Savings Plan .
- Hours: Minimum 50 Hours a week. 10-12 hour Alternating Shifts Sunday - Friday
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by January 31, 2022.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later