Manager, Fleet Operations
Manager, Fleet Operations
Full Time Permanent
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for a Manager, Fleet Operations to help support our growing operation which provides exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Provincial Fleet & Facilities, your primary focus will be to oversee the Fleet Service Stations and support staff associated with the operation of the Fleet Stations. You will ensure that due diligence and strict liability requirements are met in respect to the physical workplace. You will supervise the co-ordination of the regions preventative and ongoing maintenance in the Fleet Regions of New Brunswick.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- maintaining vehicles, equipment and supplies such that safety for patients and staff are ensured;
- inventory control and management of all purchases (Fleet Station, Medical Supplies, vehicle/station cleaning supplies);
- ensuring all aspects of the fleet program are recorded and reported as per requirements set forth by the Senior Manager, Provincial Fleet & Facilities;
- supporting the organization's goal of achieving a highly reliable response time by managing the fleet in a manner that will minimize the "out of service" times;
- managing the movement of units to ensure optimum mileage management on a daily basis;
- providing leadership and training for staff regarding proper care, maintenance and operation of all vehicles, equipment and supplies;
- to professionally handle and manage any and all issues raised by managers and employees;
- promoting and supporting all safety initiatives when performing roles and responsibilities;
- performing minor vehicle repairs as needed;
- completing all daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required by the Senior Manager, Provincial Fleet & Facilities:
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- have three or more years in fleet management supplemented by experience in field operations, inventory control and finance;
- have a valid NB Paramedics license or previous experiences in EMS considered an asset;
- excellent knowledge of vehicles and all medical equipment utilized currently in EMS systems;
- have completed courses in Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Emergency Vehicle Repair and other courses related to ambulance manufacturing, repair, inventory control and cleaning;
- will be required to have a Class 4 driver's licence or be willing to obtain such within a specified period of time;
- are committed to providing stellar levels of customer/patient service and have a passion for business growth within MHSNB;
- excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- use a positive and creative approach to problem solving;
- possess outstanding communication, negotiating, and dispute resolution skills;
- have working knowledge of various computer programs.
- perform quality control to ensure work is correctly and safely completed;
- make recommendations as to the cost effectiveness of repairing, replacing, and contracting repairs.
- experience in the Transportation industry would be considered an asset.
Previous experience in a service centre and bilingualism would be considered an asset. Travel may be required.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes December 5, 2021.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees
Any candidate not currently employed with Medavie Health Services New Brunswick will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine.