$1,425 to $1,728 bi-weekly
Administrative Services Level 3
Proactive • Professional • Accountable • Client Focused
Opportunities NB (ONB) is New Brunswick's lead business development corporation working with companies inside and outside the province to drive economic growth and job creation in the province. A nimble, results-driven and client-centric organization, ONB is a Crown Corporation, strategically led by a private sector Board of Directors, made up of business leaders from New Brunswick companies and academia. ONB believes strongly in the future of New Brunswick and since its inception on April 1, 2015, has successfully been the catalyst for competitive and innovative economic growth and job creation for the benefit of New Brunswick today and for generations to come.
Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2018 and recognized as one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for five consecutive years, from 2017 - 2021, ONB is seeking an individual to join our Fredericton Head Office as a Processing Officer. Join a dynamic team of business professionals who are passionate about growing New Brunswick's economy, are committed to giving back to the community, and value making a difference.
Love where you work. Love what you do. Come work for us.
Who are you?
- You have an education gained through high school or GED, supplemented by a one (1) year postsecondary program plus a minimum of five (5) years of administrative services work experience An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
- You enjoy making recommendations to improve methods and procedures
- You have excellent problem-solving abilities
- You have experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- You are passionate about growing New Brunswick's economy and are positive about the province's future
- You are an effective oral and written communicator, adept at presenting detailed factual and conceptual information on issues that require explanation and interpretation
- You are recognized for your attention to detail, organization skills and ability to prioritize deliverables
- You enjoy collaborating with a dynamic team and are continuously seeking ways to add value and improve
- You value recognition, giving back to your community and comradery with your colleagues
- You work hard and are fun to have around
- It would be considered a bonus if you:
- Have supervisory experience
As Processing Officer, you will:
- Report to the Director of Operations, Compliance, and Integrity
- Verify accuracy and completeness of applications
- Input data into electronic databases, spreadsheets and other templates
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Evaluate and respond to requests
- Adhere to standard operating procedures
- Manage inventory (tracking)
- Other administrative duties as required
The position requires written and spoken competence in English and French. Please state your language capability.
Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine
This position is located in Fredericton, NB, with occasional work beyond regular business hours (8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
What can ONB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in ONB events that give back to our community
- Positive and inclusive work culture
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their applications how, when, and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position
- Resumes should be in chronological order specifying the beginning and end dates in month and year format for all completed education and employment including part-time and full-time employment
- Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume
Apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by email to email@example.com, or by mail to the address below by December 5, 2021 indicating competition number: R50-2021/22-1150.
ONB Employee Experience
4th floor, 250 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 9M9
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.