Office Location Digby, NS
Req # 7084
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As an Administrative Assistant your responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with the senior admin, and admin pool to complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner and with great attention to detail
• Being efficient with filing, faxing, scanning and photocopying
• Having the opportunity to work on projects with others within the Nova Scotia Business Unit (NSBU)
• Managing electronic and paper-based client files
• Preparing documents including correspondence, reports and presentations
• Assembling year end packages (tax returns, financial statements, letters)
• Participating in development of internal systems and processes
• Planning office events
• Preparing for client meetings
• Managing calendars
• Managing / submitting expense reports
• Using STAR practice management applications to ensure proper record keeping
• Maintaining client database
• Drafting client invoices
• Using oneView application to track and report on client relationship management initiatives
• Being responsible for the duties of frontline reception
• Being available for other duties as assigned
• Identifying cross-service line opportunities
• Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
• Suggesting solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs
• Collaborating with internal teams to address customers' needs
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be an Administrative Assistant? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Suite, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, social media etc.
• Working knowledge of STAR, D365 and Caseware would be considered an asset, but full training will be provided
• A customer-oriented attitude
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
• Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
• Innovative thinking, sound judgment, and adaptable to service needs
• Proven experience in providing exceptional client service
• Takes initiative and direction and is a self-directed learner
• Ability to multi-task and meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment
• Demonstrates sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters
• Available to work overtime during peak tax filing seasons, particularly March, April and June.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.