Senior Manager of Extraction
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Senior Manager of Extraction.
Reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence the Senior Manager of Extraction is responsible to lead by example and walk the talk coupled with identifying opportunities to improve efficiency. This position requires strong analytical and people skills with a positive attitude to support the Extraction Department and the organization. The successful candidate will be resourceful and a creative problem solver, able to work individually as well as in a team environment, a quick learner with an ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Ensure all employees follow safety procedures and ensure safe working practices;
- Oversee all functions in the extraction process in collaboration with department supervisors and other departments as required to ensure transparency and alignment;
- Work with the team to improve efficiency and quality throughput with an emphasis on quality right the first time;
- Collaborate to create, implement and maintain standard operating procedures to produce cannabis oil and extract materials;
- Drive and facilitate teamwork within the department and with other departments;
- Look for ways to continually improve extraction procedures to improve quality, minimize cost and optimize output;
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities;
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback;
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for safety, productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment;
- Work with a broad team, various departments to support product development and introduction of new products for the retail market;
- Analyze and solve process related problems;
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to create new opportunities;
- Other duties as may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 8 yrs experience, Masters Degree is preferred;
- Industry experience with extraction systems (academia, pharmaceutical, natural products, essential oils, etc.) will be considered an asset;
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and other industry databases;
- Minimum of five years managerial/supervisory experience required, experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred;
- Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management; and MBA would be considered a plus;
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching, mentoring and development skills;
- Attention to detail is required and is proficient with calculations and equations;
- Exhibits a positive attitude for both the day-to-day and towards challenges;
- Has a demonstrated ability to lead and develop both a department and individual staff members;
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality;
- Excellent organizational management skills.
For more information and to apply online, please visit the Careers page of our Website at: https://www.organigram.ca/careers
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.