Director of Safety
Armour is currently recruiting a Director of Safety in Moncton, New Brunswick, to lead corporate safety initiatives and activities across Armour Transportation Systems business operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing corporate safety standards and key performance indicators, including the development of and delivery of training and awareness campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic advice and work with business operations and other stakeholders to develop and implement high-level safety programming and initiatives to reduce incidents, injuries, and accidents across the organization.
- Act as the point person for any major incidents, accidents, and injuries, performing incident investigations and root-cause analyses.
- Collaborate with Human Resources, Recruitment, and Operational Teams on the development and delivery of training initiatives to ensure all personnel are appropriately trained and that training content is up to date and compliant.
- Oversee occupational health and safety programming, including the development of safety-metric reports and ensuring compliance with safety regulations to meet annual objectives.
- Ensure the entire Armour business operation (including all workplaces and employees) comply with company, industry, provincial, and federal safety guidelines, or regulations.
Education / Experience Criteria
- Demonstrated industry-related experience in a safety role.
- Excellent knowledge of the road transportation industry regulations, including occupational safety standards, highway traffic and hours of service regulations.
- NATMI CDS or similar industry certification preferred.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Some non-standard work hours and travel throughout Armour's terminal network may be required.
- A high volume of communication, including via email and phone.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (ability to prepare reports in Word and manipulate complex spreadsheets in Excel) required.
- Ability to analyze data for trending purposes.
- Experience and understanding of the TruckMate system are considered an asset.
Work With Us
About Armour Transportation Systems
Armour Transportation Systems is an award-winning, world-class transportation and logistics company. We are a Platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies, and a Top Fleet Employer.
Founded in the early 1930s, Armour Transportation Systems has grown to be one of the largest trucking carriers in Canada, with 26 terminals, 4,000 pieces of equipment, nine maintenance facilities, over 750,000 square feet of warehouse space, and more than 2,000 team members.
Our vision is to be the dominant gateway between Atlantic Canada and the world, realizing profitable growth through leading transportation and logistics solutions, global partnerships, exceptional employees, and strategic acquisitions.
Armour Transportation Systems is committed to the principles of employment equity. The purpose of employment equity is to ensure that no person is denied employment opportunities or benefits for reasons unrelated to ability.
Armour Transportation Systems welcomes applications from Indigenous peoples, African Canadians and other racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your expression of interest for this position.