Release Planning Lead
Requisition ID: 161732
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: IT Centres of Excellence
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario; Alberta; Nova Scotia; Québec
City: Mississauga / Stellarton / Montreal / Calgary
Location: Tahoe Office, Bureau de Montréal-Nord, Calgary Office, Foord St. Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have an opening for a Release Planning Lead to join our information technology, reporting to the Manager, Release Planning and RPA.
This role can be based out of one our main offices including: Stellarton, NS; Montreal, QC; Mississauga, ON; or Calgary, AB.
As Release Planning Lead with Sobeys, you will:
- Conduct Release Readiness, Milestone, and Go/No-Go reviews for environments
- Create, maintain and publish the environment portfolio and release calendar for DEV, QA and Production systems including any integration points
- Work with developments teams on the acquisition of new technologies and provide guidance to determine the required number and use of environments
- Coordinate with development teams to ensure releases stay on track and meet the acceptance criteria to move from one test phase to another
- Responsible for ensuring management is informed of all risks and blockers impacting testing from an environment readiness perspective
- Manage and track environment dependencies throughout the release process
- Coordinate the scheduling/use of shared dev/test/staging environments
- Ensure future releases are coordinated with other roadmap initiatives to avoid collisions
- Support testing and development teams to ensure environment readiness for testing activities
- Collaborate with testing and delivery teams to ensure availability to test new code or environments
- Assist test teams in planning regression testing for external code releases and performance testing schedules
- Support project planning activities and environment provision through cataloguing and tracking environment activities related to the roadmap
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/IT or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of IT release and/or project management experience in a complex organization
- Experience in software development required
- Knowledge of the technology stack to include infrastructure and applications
- Experience with implementing DevOps processes specifically CI/CD, performance and automated testing
- Experience with release management tools
- Excellent understanding of the SDLC and STLC
- Proven leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams
- Bilingualism is considered an asset (English and French)
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.