Senior Systems Analyst
The team at WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery and return to work services, benefits, and compensation to injured workers and their families. We are focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing excellent service to our clients and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
WorkSafeNB is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, Solution Design and Delivery, the Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for defining the systems requirements of complex software solutions and designing resolutions for support issues within the corporate software applications, ensuring the solution or issue resolution meets both the current business need and current development environment, while at the same time takes into consideration the future needs of the organization and its ever-changing technical infrastructure. Some of these responsibilities include coordinating the delivery and implementation of software solutions and issue resolutions, providing guidance to Application Developers, Business Analysts, and the Solution Architect on how proposed solutions and issue resolutions can fit into the actual system infrastructure. This position can be located anywhere in the province of New Brunswick, however some travel to Saint John will be required.
Your key areas of responsibility include:
- Transforming the business needs into system requirements for the Solutions Design and Delivery team.
- Planning and oversight on medium to large scopes of work undertaken by the Solutions Design and Delivery team.
- Providing quality assurance for scopes of work undertaken by the Solutions Design and Delivery team.
- Developing strategies and providing guidance for resolutions of complex issues related to the corporate systems.
You embrace the following competencies:
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Ensuring Accountability
- Client-focused Service
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- System Design
- Systems Integration
You, as a successful candidate, possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent diploma in Technology and combined work experience.
- Five to seven years of experience in systems analysis and design.
- Three years of leadership on small to medium sized projects.
Written and spoken competency in English is required.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance and LTD insurance)
- Pension plan (New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in an exciting and rewarding career with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at www.worksafenb.ca by December 9, 2021.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information about WorkSafeNB, or this and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at worksafenb.ca.