The team at WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery and return to work services, benefits, and compensation to injured workers and their families. We are focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing excellent service to our clients, and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
WorkSafeNB is seeking a casual temporary assignment of Social Worker, up to 35 hours per week, with our multidisciplinary work specific rehabilitation team. Reporting to the appropriate manager in the Work Recovery Program, you will provide counseling services to maximize clients' functioning to assist in the clients' return to work. This position is flexible within the province.
Your key areas of responsibility include:
- Reviewing client's emotional and social adjustment to determine the coping abilities of the client to aid in the development of treatment planning.
- Providing individual and group counseling with a focus on depression, anxiety, stress management, grieving issues, anger management, relationship issues and pain management.
- Participating as a member of the Work Recovery team, where treatment is delivered in an interdisciplinary process.
- Regularly evaluating the clinical progress of clients with the team members.
- Maintaining accurate and timely interdisciplinary and treatment reports following program guidelines and management directives.
- Participating in staff development and continuing education.
- Participating in program quality assurance, risk management and health and safety programs.
- Complying with, acknowledging and, where applicable, enforcing safety management directives, procedures, and safe work practices. Taking every reasonable precaution to ensure the health and safety of fellow employees. Such precautions may include orientation, instruction, training, identification, and resolution of health & safety deficiencies.
- Promoting a high quality of performance by providing client centered services through continued improvement in policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assisting the Program in achieving the objectives towards the vision, mission, values, strategic plan and goals.
You embrace the following competencies:
- Client-focused Service
- Ensuring Accountability
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Emotional Intelligence / Self-awareness
- Enabling Communication
- Planning and Organizing
- Analytical Thinking
- Clinical Practice
You, as a successful candidate, possess:
- Must have a minimum of two years clinical experience.
- Graduate from a recognized university in Social Work.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers.
Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required.
If you are interested in this exciting and rewarding opportunity with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at www.worksafenb.ca by December 1, 2021.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information about WorkSafeNB, or this and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at worksafenb.ca.