Kings Landing Corporation
Who we are
Kings Landing, a world-class living history museum located on the Saint John River and one of the top visitor attractions in New Brunswick, is seeking a restaurant cook, working in Prince William, New Brunswick.
What you will do
As a member of the Kings Landing team, the successful candidate will be responsible to ensure a quality product as well as a timely and consistent level of service within a fast-paced work environment. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing period-appropriate menus for the Kings Head Inn
- Preparing food and serving customers as per safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Cleaning and maintaining work area as well as the equipment used during food preparation
- Assisting other staff as required
- Working shifts (days, evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Ability to work extended periods in a kitchen environment (ex: occasional mild exposure to heat, cold and water; long periods standing)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Who you are
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- Graduation from high school or GED
- Completion of an approved Food Handling course
- Minimum of three (3) years of food preparation experience in large quantity cooking
- Knowledge and understanding of procedures related to safety, sanitation and food handling.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Nice to have
- Restaurant kitchen menu development experience
- Special event experience (weddings, themed dinners, etc.)
Salary: $17.49 per hour
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address by November 23, 2021 indicating competition number R18-2021/22-1046. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Kings Landing Corporation
5804 Route 102
Prince William, NB E6K 0A5
Any candidate not currently employed in the New Brunswick Public Service will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine) in order to receive a job offer.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.