Manager, Business Risk Service [IT]
Office Location Halifax, NS (Downtown)
Req # 7019
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Manager, Business Risk Service [IT] your responsibilities will include:
• Helping organizations to manage the risks they face every day by:
• Identifying areas of risk in business processes, and evaluating related internal controls;
• Performing reviews of operational effectiveness to help organizations identify potential areas of improvement;
• Evaluating potential issues and providing recommendations to stakeholders
• Evaluating controls placed in operation at service organizations based on various reporting standards (e.g., SOC 1, SOC 2, CSAE 3416, CSAE 3000, etc.);
• Executing on internal audit projects that focus on cybersecurity, privacy, business continuity, disaster recovery and data analytics;
• Managing Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs) as part of financial statement audits as well as CEO / CFO certification (i.e., SOX / NI 52-109);
• Assisting organizations with implementing or maintaining an Enterprise Risk Management program;
• Assisting organizations in understanding fraud risks and implementing anti-fraud controls;
• Assisting in the preparation and delivery of client presentations and training sessions;
• Developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients, and gaining an understanding of clients' industries and issues;
• Contributing to new business development by understanding and identifying the needs of our existing and prospective clients through cross-functional interaction with other Grant Thornton professionals.
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Manager, Business Risk Service [IT]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• Post-secondary degree in a relevant area (e.g., business management, commerce, computer science, Information Technology, etc.);
• At least three years of experience in performing internal audits and risk-based assessments (e.g., financial, operational, internal audit, etc.);
• Pursuing / interested in relevant professional designations (CISA, CISM, CRMA, PCI QSA, CISSP);
• Internal audit, risk and compliance experience an asset but not required;
• Ability to grasp new technology (i.e., software and tools, internal and external) is a must;
• Excellent written and verbal communication;
• Strong attention to detail, and well-developed analytical and unstructured problem-solving skills;
• Ability to think innovatively (i.e., outside of the box);
• Confident and team-focused, able to interact well with peers and clients, and able to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs of stakeholders;
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to multitask and prioritize is essential;
• Ability to interview professionals at all levels;
• Ability to work in a changing environment and to consistently achieve quality standards;
• Strong time management skills;
• An interest in being challenged and pushing yourself to work outside of your comfort zone;
• Project management experience is considered an asset; and
• IT audit experience is an asset but not required.
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.