The Autism Resource Centre is hiring an Administrative Assistant for 30 hrs per week
The Autism Resource Centre is committed to assisting in the accessing of resources, information, and services.
The organization helps to create opportunities for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, their families and caregivers, as well as community members, and professionals.
· Customer Service - in person, online, and over the phone (Answering inquiries, booking appointments, front desk operations/greetings)
· Light accounting - Data entry, small payroll, reconciling income statements, receipting etc.
· Troubleshooting online operating systems/programs - This includes a new online banking system, an existing library system, Boardmaker, service provider websites, and various social media platforms
· Proofreading/typing/formatting documents
· Social media updates in both official languages
· Light document translation from English to French
· Creating Supplies and Materials
· Organizing materials and resource items
· Light tidying/cleaning
· Communicating with accountants and delivering financial paperwork (mileage is reimbursed)
· Checking and organizing mail
· Occasional flexible hours as required, with potential for a rare evening or weekend special event.
· Bilingualism (required)
· Experience with online payroll systems, online business banking platforms, and government forms/programs
· Accounting experience
· Proficient with Word and Excel
· Typing speed of approximately 55wpm or above
· Related education or equivalent experience
· Experience working with people on the autism spectrum (Some training will be provided)
· Customer service skills
· Completed criminal record/vulnerable sector check
· Valid driver's license and vehicle
· First Aid Certificate (Not mandatory to start)
Work With Us
This is a position that would be ideal for somebody looking to pick up children after school, or who would like to end their workday at the centre by 2pm each day.
30hrs per wk, 8:00am-2:00pm, Monday to Friday (with potential for occasional extra evening hours or a special event on a weekend.) Rate: $15 per hr.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.