Opportunities for Project Desk/ LBM Associate
Kent Building Supplies in Kensington, PE
PROJECT DESK/LBM ASSOCIATE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community.
If you ask our Project Center Employees what they like best about working at Kent, they say they like working with people, learning about products and being part of a great team. They also like flexible schedules and opportunities to advance.
- A knowledge of lumber and building materials, and the construction process is an asset
- Can manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Motivates others through their positive attitude to always be improving
- Demonstrates the drive and commitment needed to reach goals
- Comfortable with technology
- Working safely
- Providing superior customer service - this includes greeting customers, providing information, completing sales and arranging deliveries
- Stocking products and creating displays
- Learning about new products and attending training
You will need to take ownership for your area of the store and maintain the highest standards of safety, service and merchandising. The job can be quite physical and involves standing, walking and lifting. You will need to learn our products and policies, and seek assistance when asked a question that you are unable to answer, or you need help lifting a heavy item.
Typical career steps are to become a specialist in sales such as contractor sales or installation sales, or to become a department manager.
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.