Marketing & Communications Coordinator (12 month contract)
Office Location Halifax, NS (Downtown)
Alternate Location: Fredericton, NB, St. John's, NL, Charlottetown, PEI
Req # 7005
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Marketing & Communications Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
• Develop an understanding of the business and market, and continually develop marketing acumen and skills. Apply marketing acumen and market knowledge to decisions and actions.
• Actively use CRM and other marketing enablement software to coordinate and manage campaigns, including events, advertising campaigns, email distribution and leads
• Develop and distribute email communications including list development and email template design under the guidance of the Senior Marketing Manager.
• Develop and distribute internal communications to the business unit under guidance of the Senior Marketing Manager
• Collaborate with national marketing & communications team, to ensure brand integrity and consistency across all external marketing activities including sponsorship, advertising, communications and events
• Coordinate advertising, promotional item requests and sponsorship deliverables with a focus on achieving outcomes aligned to the firm and business unit's marketing and business objectives.
• Coordinate events including booking logistics, creating invitations, managing registrations and pre/on-site/post duties using CRM, event management and marketing enablement software under the guidance of the Marketing Manager
• Track business unit marketing spending against the annual marketing budget
• Champion local social media usage including sharing social media content with the business unit and promoting social media best practices
• Bring new ideas forward during marketing planning to Senior Marketing Manager
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and maintaining personal networks.
• Remain knowledgeable of firm marketing initiatives, especially major announcements, content creation, and events, to leverage in your business unit eg. Private Business Growth Award
• Seek to build profile and credibility as a marketing professional by building and maintaining rapport with stakeholders in your business unit and the greater marketing team
• Drive and champion a Business Development and marketing culture within the business unit
• Seek to continuously improve quality and efficiency in everything you do; learn from mistakes and apply best practices to tasks
• Other duties as required and assigned
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Marketing & Communications Coordinator? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• 2+ years of marketing experience in a professional environment
• Bachelor's degree or diploma with an emphasis in Business, Marketing, Communications or related fields
• Proven interpersonal and relationship management skills with a strong ability to manage, influence and leverage a multitude of stakeholders
• Highly organized, self-motivated, adept at managing change and priorities with an ability to work under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated creativity in problem-solving
• Exceptional attention to detail/accuracy
• Able to interact effectively and build rapport with a wide range of professionals
• Exceptional and effective written communication skills
• Intellectual curiosity that drives you to look further, broader, deeper
• Experience with MS Office Suite, and familiarity with technology to support marketing initiatives
Additional Note: The successful candidate will support the marketing and communication activities regionally and be located, ideally close to an office in NB, NS, PEI or NL
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.