Positions Available: Casual
"Living well" means something different to each of us. Port City Home Services strives to help seniors live well, wherever they call home, with a wide variety of reliable services to fit their unique lifestyle and needs. Our team lends a helping hand to seniors in both long term care and in the community, through an ever-growing list of services including In-Home Support, Foot Care, and Ride Service.
Job Summary: To work in a Long Term Care Facility within HRM, to support a new flooring project. Candidates must be able to move furniture, disassemble and reassemble furniture and various office items and equipment. Must be able to work independently and be able to organize and execute work plan efficiently.
- Assists with moving and lifting heavy furniture and equipment
- Disassemble and reassemble furniture and equipment as needed
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Performs other related duties as required
- Work in a safe and healthy manner
- Minimum completion of Grade Twelve (12) required
- Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Minimum one (1) year working experience in general maintenance
- Ability to have flexible work schedule
- Must be comfortable working around seniors
- Must work well with minimal supervision
- Must have experience and ability to assemble and move furniture
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Orientation
- A supportive work environment
Hours of Work: shifts may include days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Only those granted an Interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to submit a criminal record and vulnerable sector check on offer of employment.
Please be aware the facility you may be assigned to is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds and rabbits.
Please direct all applications to:
Email: [email protected]