Linux System Administrator
As a System Administrator, the primary duties that you will perform include:
- Maintenance of Linux servers within the classified Software Development Environment (SDE) network and the unclassified Linux development environment.
- Assisting with Windows client and server administration
- Installation, configuration, and testing of various applications.
- Administration of network backup systems
- Maintenance of supporting documentation for the above networks including but not limited to installation plans, configuration specifications, systems administration plans, user manuals and test documentation
- Provide end-user desktop support
- Installation and configuration of hardware and Linux operating system environments
- Deploying and cabling PCs, servers and other IT equipment
- Working with a team of system engineers, software developers, test engineers and customer representatives to support software development efforts, integration and test efforts, and tactical trainer solutions
- Inventory control of hardware assets and software licenses
- Supporting classified processing including understanding requirements, supporting authentication solutions, logging and auditing security relevant events
- Assisting other team members as required with all aspects of ongoing system administration duties.
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Diploma from an accredited college/CEGEP in an IT related discipline with 1+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Linux System administration expertise
- Experience with containers and container orchestration
- Knowledge of Client Server Applications and computer networks
- Good communications skills; ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Familiar with Windows operating system administration
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 110,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada's trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.