Student Staff Forestry Roles - Summer 2022 - Woodlands
Woodlands Head Office in Multiple Locations
Chipman, NB | Saint Leonard, NB | Sussex, NB
WOODLANDS SUMMER STAFF
At J.D. Irving, Limited, our role as stewards of the land is one of the most important we play. Our business begins with the forest, and we are committed to overseeing sustainable forest management. An integral piece of our forest management strategy is our tree planting program. JDI first started planting trees in 1957, and since that time we have planted over one billion seedlings, a national record.
Each year our goal is to plant more trees than we harvest, and to achieve this takes a dedicated and passionate team. JDI offers several summer student opportunities that offer valuable, hands-on experience in a fast-paced, everchanging environment.
Whether you are a New Brunswicker who wants to live and work here at home, or you simply want to experience the beauty of the Maritimes, JDI has you covered. Come grow your career with us!
What We Offer:
- Full-time employment working outdoors in a team environment
- A comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Competitive base salary of $850.00/week
- Production/quality bonus - potentially earn up to an additional $200 or $350 per week (depending on role)
- A year end incentive ranging between $1,000.00 - $2,500.00
- Ongoing personal and professional development opportunities
- Access to a company vehicle
- Meals and accommodations provided when working in remote locations
- Southern New Brunswick (Moncton, Sussex, Saint John),
- Central New Brunswick (Fredericton, Chipman), and
- Northern New Brunswick (Saint Leonard)
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at a recognized post-secondary institutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, organization, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
- Previous supervisory experience is considered an asset
- Valid class 5 driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
- Tree Care
- Crew Boss
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.