J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Saint John, NB
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick
Lead. Drive. Deliver.
Having been involved in the delivery of projects in the past, you know what it takes to bring things across the line. It takes dedication, laser focus and organization skills that would rival the best. In this dynamic role, we are looking for change leaders, who can connect with people, drive conversations, direct resources, and pivot on a dime. But you won't get there alone. You will be surrounded by a team of IT leaders; people who have your back and support your growth, you are sure to thrive.
If you are looking for your next challenge, this is a unique opportunity to be part of transforming the way technology drives business and, if we may say so, it's pretty impressive. Come be part of that change!
JDI IT: Who we are and what we offer
At JDI IT we believe that what people experience matters more than technology!
With over 300 employees, we offerthe opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supportsthe entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses, and industries. From forestry, to transportation, to shipbuilding, we are working directly with our business counterparts to align their goals to continued advancements in IT. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
- Lead the delivery of IT projects through all stages of the project lifecycle
- Responsible for all IT project requirements and artifacts, such as scope, schedule, cost, resourcing, risk, change and quality management
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and project deliverables
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks
- Manage communications at all levels of the organization and across businesses
- Proactively engage in coaching of team members and foster innovative and creative thinking
- Provide a single point of contact for those projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 5 years of project management and IT experience with demonstrated career progression
- Able to successfully lead and deliver IT business projects
- Have strong people and process, leadership and management skills
- Able to problem solve and provide solutions with the right sense of urgency
- Exhibit exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- An influential decision maker with sound judgment and analytical support
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation or currently pursuing
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.