Registered Nurse (RN) New Grads Welcome - Full-Time, Part-Time, Casual
Position at VON Canada (Nova Scotia)
VON Canada is currently hiring compassionate RNs to work in Digby, NS in our Visiting Nursing Program!
Employment Status: Full-Time, Part-Time (1.0, 0.8 or 0.6 FTE) and Casual positions available
Program Name: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly : 75, 60 or 45
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSNU
On Call: Yes
VON offers an extended orientation for new nurses. New grads are welcome to apply!
Portability of seniority as per collective agreement.
The power to change lives!
With VON you get to hit the open road, where the scenery and work are different every day. We offer a workplace free from the repetitive and boring, where you can work to your full scope, have clinical autonomy, continuous learning, and meet some great people along the way.
Come for the job, stay for the learning, and the chance to make a difference.
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to work to full scope and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Comprehensive orientation program
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Portability of Seniority as per NSNU Agreement
What you'll be doing:
Our RNs provide medical care to children, youth, adults and seniors in their homes and other settings in communities across Nova Scotia.
- Diabetes management
- IV medications
- IV/CVAD care
- Palliative care
- Wound care; incl. negative pressure wound therapy and complex wounds
- ....and much more!
What we need from you:
- Must be Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the province of practice
- Experience in community health an asset
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
About Us :
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
VON is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and following public health directives, including recommendations from the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. The health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff are our top priority.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations where required. For more information, please visit http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Other terms commonly searched for this type of opportunity: RN, nurse, nursing, practical nurse, clinic nurse, RN nurse, new graduate.
Did you know about the federal government program for RN's working in rural areas? Work with us in a rural area and you might be eligible for the Government of Canada's Student Loan forgiveness program.
In accordance with the Employer's policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.