Project Centre Sales Associate
Kent Building Supplies in Inverness, NS
PROJECT CENTRE SALES ASSOCIATE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3400 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Project Center Sales Associate partners with customers to fully understand their needs and assist in planning home renovation projects. As knowledgeable sales professionals, project center sales associates can make recommendations which solve customers' problems.
Typical career steps are to move to a role in contractor sales, commercial sales or installation sales.
- A knowledge of lumber and building materials, and the construction process is an asset
- Can manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Motivates others through their positive attitude to always be improving
- Demonstrates the drive and commitment needed to reach goals
- Experience in sales is preferred
- Comfortable with technology (Microsoft Office Suite, estimating software) is preferred
- Demonstrates high standards of safety and customer service
- Adds value to the customer's buying experience by making recommendations
- Works with co-workers and vendors to support customers' needs
- Achieves weekly, monthly and annual sales targets
- Keeps current with trends in a constantly changing industry
- Uses available technologies to assist in the selling process (training provided )
- Full - Time with Benefits Contract
- Salaried plus Commission
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
Interested in this Career Opportunity:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.