Technical Services Coordinator – Civil Engineering Technologist
The St. John's Port Authority has an exciting opportunity for a career-minded individual to join our team as the Technical Services Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a graduate of a Civil Engineering Technology program and be eligible for registration with the Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists of NL (AETTNL). This position reports directly to the Manager, Technical Services.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Inspections of all port infrastructure and the associated repair projects;
- Preparation of reports, cost estimates and specifications;
- Assisting the management of engineering consultants, contractors, and service providers;
- Budget phasing, variance reports and budget input; and
- Environmental, safety and health related matters.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Previous facilities and construction inspection experience, contract administration, environmental assessment and safety and health matters; and
- Excellent oral, written communication and computer skills are essential (French language skills would be an asset but not required)
The salary for the position is in accordance with the Collective Agreement and a comprehensive benefits package is provided. All enquires should be directed the contact listed below.
Please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter, in confidence, by October 27th, 2021 to:
Manager, Technical Services
St. John's Port Authority
P.O. Box 6178
1 Water Street
St. John's, NL A1C 5X8
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The St. John's Port Authority is an equal opportunity employer.