Senior Policy Advisor
Chosen candidate will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine
Office of the Commissioner on Systemic Racism for New Brunswick
SENIOR POLICY ADVISOR
10-month opportunity ending August 2022
The Office of the Commissioner on Systemic Racism is seeking an individual to serve as a Senior Policy Advisor. The opportunity may have a flexible work location within New Brunswick.
The Commissioner on Systemic Racism has the mandate to conduct a comprehensive review about the extent and scope of systemic racism in New Brunswick, including the government's role in eliminating systemic racism both within provincial institutions and agencies and in the province generally, and to identify priorities and recommendations for government action to combat systemic racism.
- Conducting extensive research analysis on the topic of systemic racism,
- Preparing briefing and consultation materials,
- Supporting the Commissioner in planning, preparing for and conducting consultations,
- Supporting the Commissioner in development of reports,
- Supporting the Commissioner in the review and response to submissions for consideration,
- Supporting the Commissioner in the development of the final report and recommendations,
- Management of the day-to-day workings, processing of all correspondence received via all electronic platforms.
- Any other duties assigned by the Commissioner.
- A university degree
- Several years experience in research and policy in broad, cross-cutting humanitarian and/or socio-economic issues;
- Experience in project management, planning and facilitating public consultations and preparation of reports; and
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate additional language capabilities.
The following operational requirements are also required:
- This position requires daytime, evening and weekend work;
- Travel throughout the province.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Strategic Thinking
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Project Management
- Knowledge of Policy Development Process
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Written Communication
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $57,668 to $80,522 per annum
Interested applicants are invited to apply on-line at eRecruitment by October 19, 2021 indicating reference number: 21-CALL-017.
Department of Post-Secondary Education,
Training and Labour
Human Resource Services
500 Beaverbrook Court, Suite 100,
PO Box 6000
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates may be required to successfully complete a comprehensive assessment that may include testing, interview and/or a presentation to a selection committee.