Community Engagement Coordinator
Reporting to SVNB's Director of Strategic Development, the Community Engagement Coordinator will work with community stakeholders and networks province-wide to support the implementation of objectives found within the Government of
New Brunswick's "Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence (https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/eco-bce/WEB-EDF/Violence/PDF/en/preventing_responding_to_SV_NB-e.pdf).
Using a strength-based community model, activities will involve the identification of needs, issues, resources and gaps relating to the support of those affected by sexual violence and the prevention of violence. The Community Engagement Coordinator will work with communities to support the activities and initiatives to prevent and respond to sexual violence in New Brunswick communities.
This is a fulltime, term position subject to funding, job performance and meeting minimum qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email by October 28 2021 12pm to Lorraine
Whalley, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Any candidate not currently employed with Sexual Violence New Brunswick will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine.
- Actively seek opportunities to collaborate with service providers and networks also working in the field
- Support community organizations and networks and seek opportunities for growth and new initiatives
- Work with networks, service providers, community agencies and government partners to address identified priorities of Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence in New Brunswick: A Framework for Action
- Assist in the coordination of the Provincial Advisory Committee
- Assist in the organization and facilitation of educational and training sessions as required
- Develop and implement awareness activities
- Complete evaluation and other reports as required
- Adhere to the most current SVNB staff policy
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
- Knowledge of gender-based violence, particularly sexual violence; feminist principles and a demonstrated commitment to the eradication of gender-based violence.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in sexual violence prevention, interventions, education, policy, and research is desired
- Written and spoken competence in French and English is required
- Commitment to the vision, mission, goals and objectives of SVNB
- Works from a strength based, participatory approach to community development in NB communities
- Excellent networking skills and demonstrated ability to develop collaborative relationships with community members and organizations
- Experience in developing educational material
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, facilitation and organizing skills
- Excellent analytic, research and problem-solving skills
- Experience in an office environment and using office technology.
- Experience using social media
- Self-directed, takes initiative, creative and adaptable; able to work in a team and independently
- Possesses a current Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Possesses a valid driver's license and has the ability to travel province wide.