Staffing Support (1023)
Competition #: 1-16527 EXT
Salary: $21.5833 to $23.2324
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Office
CLASSIFICATION: Staffing Support (1023)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: October, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will work under the supervision of, and in consultation with the Director of Clinical Programs. He or she will perform a variety of complex tasks to ensure safe staffing in all nursing units. The successful candidate will also be responsible for preparing float team and casual staff work schedules and assignments, in accordance with provisions of the collective agreements.
- Secretarial course of at least 6 months with high school diploma/GED;
- Minimum of two years relevant experience in a hospital environment;
- Knowledge of ESP software and other computerized systems;
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of Nursing Department;
- Sound knowledge of all nursing-related collective agreements (NBNU and CUPE);
- Organizational skills and excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.