Manager, Corporate Communications – Saint John (contract)
FCNB is a leader in integrated financial and consumer services regulation. FCNB's mandate is to protect consumers and enhance public confidence in the financial and consumer marketplace through the provision of regulatory and educational services. With offices in both Fredericton and Saint John, it is responsible for the administration and enforcement of provincial legislation regulating mortgage brokers, payday lenders, real estate, securities, insurance, pensions, credit unions, trust and loan companies, co-operatives, and a wide range of consumer legislation. FCNB is an independent Crown corporation funded by the regulatory fees and assessments paid by its regulated sectors.
We offer opportunities for dedicated professionals to play a vital role in carrying out our mandate.
Manager, Corporate Communications - Saint John (contract)
We are seeking a communications professional with a broad range of experience to fill a 12- month contract role in our Saint John office. With your superior written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, you will cultivate relationships with stakeholder groups in the media, public, government, and regulated industries to build awareness and recognition of FCNB. Your strong background in coordinating and implementing strategic communications plans will be applied to a variety of content and channels reaching internal and external audiences and stakeholders. Your organizational and writing skills will be used across multiple channels including news releases, website and intranet, social media, promotional campaigns, internal and external events, and print resources. This position reports to the Director, Education and Communications.
Other key areas of responsibility include:
- Develops and implements FCNB's communications plan;
- Leads the creation and publication of the annual report;
- Develops communications plans for regulatory initiatives;
- Delegates responsibilities and manages the work of reporting team members providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship to drive exceptional performance;
- Coordinates external communications with supplier contracts;
- Participates in the development and delivery of marketing campaigns;
- Leads media relations including review of all news releases, editorials, and story pitches, and acts as media spokesperson as required.
Qualifications for this position include:
- University degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or a related field;
- A minimum of 7 years of related experience;
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal skills;
- Outstanding analytical skills;
- Superior project management skills;
- Experience in managing and coaching people;
- Excellent research and organization skills;
- Strong public speaking/presentation abilities;
- Superior computer skills and experienced in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Written and verbal proficiency in both official languages is required;
- Knowledge of the financial services industries and capital markets is an asset.
The Financial and Consumer Services Commission offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge. If you are interested in being a key part of this team, please forward your résumé and covering letter to:
Financial and Consumer Services Commission
ATTN: Human Resources Officer
For more information about this position please visit our website at www.fcnb.ca or call the Human Resources Officer at (506) 643-7858.