Director of Clinical Services - Nephrology
Competition #: 1-16635 EXT
Salary: $95,862 to $107,978
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Nephrology Administration
CLASSIFICATION: Director of Clinical Services - Nephrology
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: October, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Must participate as an administrator on call
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the responsibility of the Vice-President of Clinical Services, the successful candidate will supervise all nephrology services within the Network. The incumbent will be responsible for planning and organizing the care and services provided. They will also be responsible for managing human, financial and physical resources, training staff, managing quality and risks, and supporting training and research. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a standard process. The successful candidate will also be required to manage employees who are physically located in other zones. The incumbent be required to travel within the Network's territory to support colleagues in other zones. The incumbent may be assigned various mandates based on the operational needs of clinical services.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or another relevant field;
- Master's in administration considered an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a health care management position;
- 8-10 years' experience in the health field;
- Experience supervising/managing staff and strong coaching skills;
- Proven knowledge and experience in care delivery, and experience in program development and implementation;
- Equivalent combination of training and experience may be taken into consideration;
- Proven transformational leadership ability;
- Ability to set priorities and meet objectives;
- Ability to manage numerous projects and tasks simultaneously, and understanding of the organization's needs and priorities;
- Analytical, writing and synthesis skills;
- Good knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office suite;
- Availability to travel within the Network's territory;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Spoken and written competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.