Competition #: 1-16531 EXT
Salary: $24.3733 to $32.2266
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Float Team (Kinesiologist)
CLASSIFICATION: Kinesiologist (KN01)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: October, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The kinesiologist assigned to mobilization program reports to the Regional Manager of the Cardiac Wellness Program and works in accordance with professional standards. The kinesiologist works in collaboration with the care team to provide care to patients. This is a clinical position in the kinesiology field. In compliance with provincial standards and regional policies and procedures, employees in this class perform clinical work that involves assessment, detection, interpretation, education and rehabilitation. The employee is responsible for ensuring the mobilization of patients, developing and ensuring implementation of exercise programs and maintaining or improving patients' level of functional autonomy. The work performed centres on clients' needs and may require active participation on interdisciplinary teams, determination of options regarding service delivery, ongoing assessment, and determining whether patients are ready to be discharged from the program. The work involved participating in the planning and implementation of department or program activities and may include quality improvement, performance management and statistics compilation activities, student training, research, workload management and care coordination. It may involve filling in for the line supervisor in their absence and the supervision of volunteers and trainees. Employees from the kinesiologist 1 class may be required to provide clinical supervision of tasks and activities, and to provide advice, training and orientation to other staff members, kinesiology students and other health care professionals.
- Bachelor of; Science in Kinesiology;
- Active member of the New Brunswick Kinesiology Association;
- Valid BLS certificate;
- Sense of leadership and motivation;
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to foster helping relationships;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.