Registered Nurse Class B (RNCB)
Competition #: 1-16376 EXT
Salary: $33.32 to $40.58
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Funded Research
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse class B (RNCB)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Manager of the Regional Office of Research Services, the research nurse works in close co-operation with the principal investigators / qualified investigators and with a multidisciplinary research team to effectively organize, plan and carry out clinical trials. The role of the research nurse includes the following duties: inform participants of all relevant information about a clinical trial; follow up on the clinical trial and ensure compliance with existing regulations; schedule appointments for participants; schedule appointments for monitoring visits; complete case report forms (CRFs) and ensure that foundation documents support entries on the CRFs; perform procedures related to the clinical trial with authorization from the principal investigator / qualified investigator; liaise with hospital departments (laboratories, Pharmacy, Medical Imaging, etc.).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- BLS (basic life support) certificate and maintenance of certification;
- Clinical research certification considered as an asset;
- At least 5 years of experience in clinical research, more specifically in sponsored clinical trials, within the past 8 years;
- Extensive understanding of sponsored clinical trials;
- Knowledge of good clinical practices and the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans;
- Working knowledge of computers;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to work on a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.