Director – Real Estate Development Projects
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent acts on the preparation of the territory for future economic development. He is responsible for planning and executing the steps that will increase the City of Dieppe's tax base in the downtown and Dieppe Industrial Park.
- Achieve objectives of the strategic plan in relation to the development of the territory - to maximize the current spaces and prepare the expansion and the profitability of real estate investments.
- Realize strategic real estate initiatives, land development, public-private partnerships and special projects.
- Conduct economic studies and reports to better identify economic opportunities.
- Work with various partners and stakeholders at the local, provincial and federal levels in industrial and commercial business liaisons to stimulate the local economy and generate innovative projects.
- Responsible for coordinating the design, planning and development of the organization's development areas including master plans, business plan, engineering plan and subdivision plans.
- Responsible for coordinating the funding structure of the projects as well as the funding requests to the financial partners.
- Acquire and dispose of real estate in support of the organization's activities and projects, preparation of subdivisions and designated lands for future developments and planned acquisitions.
- Conduct environmental assessments, remediation and management of contaminated sites and property appraisals.
- Plan, manage and recommend improvements to land and facilities for future development as well as participation in teams comprised of members from various departments responsible for the design of real estate developments.
- Work with tenants and landlords in the downtown core to improve the downtown area.
- Call for real estate opportunities and public tender notices in accordance with the visions established in the Master Plans.
- Identify potential investment projects.
- Provide advice to various municipal departments on issues with economic impacts and trends according to development prospects.
- Prepare and present files and make recommendations to the Board of Directors of Expansion Dieppe and the City Council.
- Attend business events within economic groupings (agencies, boards, committees, working groups and others) at the local, regional, provincial and national levels to promote the
- municipality's economic attractions.
- Perform other related functions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, economics, urban planning or another related field, or a combination of a postsecondary degree and experience.
- Master's degree in business administration or related field would be an asset.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the municipal field, urban planning, economic development, business development, real estate development or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Commercial/industrial sales or real estate management experience will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of real estate development processes.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of management and economic development procedures.
- Knowledge of the applicable laws, regulations and local, provincial and federal codes regarding economic development and how government manages economic development.
- Knowledge of commercial management, particularly at the municipal level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of both official languages (spoken and written).
- Self-driven, enthusiasm, tactful and diplomatic.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and write clear and convincing proposals.
- Good knowledge of project management.
- Good understanding of the principle of analysis and profitability, and knowledge on how to influence it.
- Ability to identify opportunities, establish goals and implement an action plan.
- Ability to understand the challenges and technical opportunities of a real estate site.
- Ability in organization, establishing priorities, and follow-up.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected circumstances and work under pressure.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive business and client information.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Keen sense of business, ability to identify results-oriented opportunities and motivated by the idea of attracting new clients on the regional and national scene.
- Have good public and interpersonal relations skills.
- Thirty-five (35) hours per week.
- Based on current salary scale.
The duties indicated for this position are simply to illustrate the different types of work which could be carried out. The omission of specific - yet similar - tasks does not exclude them from being assigned should they be reasonably related to the position
Please note that Expansion Dieppe has adopted a language policy offering bilingual services. As the working language of the organization is French, all employees must be able to communicate in French and English, both orally and in writing.