Jump Recruitment has partnered with Rutter Inc to resource a Software Developer. Rutter Inc. (Est. 1998) is a privately held global enterprise, delivering innovative radar technologies that enhance safety, security and efficiency in multiple sectors, including marine operations, oil and gas, and defence. Serving an established and growing global customer base, the sigma S6 advanced real-time radar processing technologies offers a broad range of exciting capabilities for ocean related operations.
Rutter is seeking forward-thinking and innovative Software Developers to join Rutter's R&D team, in producing innovative new products and capabilities based on Rutter's sigma S6 radar processing technology. These positions require individuals with enthusiasm and strong technical aptitude who can rise to the challenges of real-time software development, bringing complex scientifically developed radar data interpretation techniques to operational users on vessels and land-based stations in a broad range of industry sectors. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with ample opportunity to learn, and you want to be able to actively contribute to team goals, and hence build a new and exciting career, this position may be for you. Successful candidates are likely to have achieved a Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering or equivalents.
In this position, you would be expected to:
- Strongly contribute to software development including analysis, design, implementation and delivery;
- Share your valuable ideas in system requirements and design in group meetings and discussions;
- Commit to the team goals, especially as they relate to system design and software quality;
- Adopt a strong disciplined, methodical approach to system development avoiding expedient short-cuts;
- Work effectively and respectfully with all team members, providing help to others whenever needed;
- Focus appropriately on customer and organizational needs during all stages of system development;
- Fully participate in daily stand-up and other project meetings;
- Constantly look to strengthen the team's processes, through suggestions for improved methods and automation;
- Appreciate the roles of others in the organization, providing updates to stakeholders when needed.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of, experience in and aptitude for the following:
- Software development using C#, WPF and DevOps on a multi-threaded Windows® platform;
- Modern web development technologies and practices using ASP.NET and Cloud services;
- Solid understanding of modern software development techniques using agile methods in developing new systems;
- Strong appreciation of the challenges associated with maintaining and enhancing legacy software systems;
- Communication of technical concepts and ideas to technical and non-technical colleagues and clients;
- Implementation of algorithms based on the work of scientists through scientific investigation and data analysis;
- Technical problem solving in software and other technical systems;
- Learning new technologies in a wide variety of technical areas;
- Signal and image processing, and machine learning;
- Automated testing.
Why you should want to join Rutter
- Exceptional opportunity for professional growth within a global enterprise based in St. John's, NL;
- Very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package;
- Profit sharing through a progressive bonus system;
- RRSP contribution matching scheme;
- Attractive and flexible vacation/time-off policies.
Brendan Hagerty | Business Developement Manager & Senior Recruiter | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.