Supervisor of Disbursements
Imagine working in a shared services environment with an impact on two Crown Corporations. Imagine being a key member of a team dedicated to responsibly managing a successful business for the province of New Brunswick. Imagine being able to supervise a team with a variety of different roles. Imagine working for an organization that strives to be the partner of choice in community development through internal campaigns, volunteerism, and by supporting community-driven initiatives and programs. If this sounds like an organization you would like to be a part of, we may have a position for you. We are currently seeking a Supervisor of Disbursement to join our Finance Team!
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Supervisor of Disbursements is responsible for leading the accounts payable and payroll teams. The position is accountable for the accurate, compliant, and timely end-to-end processing of associated transactions throughout the entire process cycle.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Review journal entries and reconciliations to ensure correct, complete, and timely financial transactions
- Perform analysis and prepare standard and adhoc reporting
- Implement and ensure adherence to appropriate internal controls; master data management
- Ensure compliance to all applicable internal and external governance requirements including but not limited to policies, standards, and legislation
- Investigate and resolve issues; escalate complex matters as needed
- Establish and monitor team-d KPIs
- Liaise with procurement team and business users to maximize integration points and efficiencies
- Act as a process optimization and financial system subject matter expert
You bring a strong background in Accounting and Accounts Payable processes. You've seen several worst-case scenarios, lived to tell the stories, and now know how to address them or prevent them from happening again. You are a confident and creative decision maker who knows when to try something new, and when to rely on tried and true.
As a key member of the Finance team, you will ensure that service delivery levels are met and compliant with regulatory requirements. You work with a mentality of best practices, are comfortable identifying areas of opportunity, and implementing process improvements.
Your team leadership
You are leading, mentoring, and motivating a team of Payables Analysts, Payroll Analysts, and Technicians. You will provide guidance and direction while establishing priorities and guidelines individually and at the team-level. You are adept at fostering a collaborative and supportive culture where engagement is high, feedback is welcomed, and achievements are recognized across the organization.
What do you need to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar
- 3+ years in an intermediate finance role, including some supervisory experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office/O365 skills, particularly Excel
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent coaching and development skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer service focus
It would be fantastic if you also had
- CPA designation
- Experience working in a shared services organization
- Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Strong communication skills in English (oral and written)
- Bilingualism?in both official languages?is an asset
Work With Us
What's in it for you?
Alcool NB Liquor (ANBL) operates under 5 Core Values: WOW your customers, Be mindful, Dare to do better, Celebrate success and last but not least, Have fun. Being part of the ANBL team means being part of an organization that values its employees. In addition to offering a market competitive salary, we ensure that our employees can enjoy Work-Life Balance, Professional & Personal Growth, and Service Opportunities.
Work-Life Balance: ANBL offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and a generous pension plan. Employees also have access to a Health Spending Account or Wellness Subsidy, and opportunities to utilize flexible work arrangements.
Professional & Personal Growth: ANBL offers many types of internal and external activities to support your development needs, including a robust internal Accelerated Leadership Development Program.
Service: ANBL values your contribution to your community; offering a paid volunteer day each year and many opportunities to contribute to your community throughout the year.
Important note: Effective September 7, 2021, as mandated by the Government of New Brunswick, new employees will require valid proof of full vaccination or a valid medical exemption certificate as a condition of employment. Those who cannot provide valid proof of full vaccination or a valid medical exemption certificate as of their start date must do so within 45 calendar days. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination or a valid medical exemption certificate within 45 calendar days will result in the offer of employment being rescinded and immediate termination of employment.
All applications should be received no later than October 17, 2021
Only those under consideration will be contacted. We thank all those who apply! For more information about ANBL, please visit www.anbl.com.