Full-Time Night Shift Position
Crossroads for Women is a not-for-profit organization with an established safe and secure reputation offering services to women and their children, living with family violence, since 1981. Each year, between 200 to 300 women and children fleeing family violence, seek refuge at Crossroads.
- Responding to crisis calls and visits, assessing situations, making appropriate referrals to community agencies, and assisting with problem areas/barriers
- Recording information and maintaining client files, log book, incident reports and other files pertinent to the operation of the shelter
- Offering non-judgemental support to residents and assisting them with their decisions
- Preparing bedrooms upon admissions and departures
- Planning daily chore chart and conducting daily room checks, assuring the overall cleanliness of the shelter
- Other related duties as assigned
As an ideal candidate for this position you:
- Demonstrate written and spoken competence in English and French (required)
- Possess the capacity to critically assess situations objectively, make sound decisions and follow-up appropriately
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Work with empathy, enthusiasm and non-judgmentally
- Have acquired good strategies to deal with conflict and stress
- Are flexible in a fast-paced work environment and have the ability to multitask
- Have demonstrated success working in a team environment and independently
- Understand issues relevant to women and have a strong interest in working to end violence against women
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of the residents and shelter
- Have the ability to perform basic office/administrative duties and have acquired proficient skills in computer software, primarily MS Office.
Previous training in Counseling, Psychology, Suicide Intervention, Child Development, CPR, and other relatable skills would be an asset.
Applicants must be available to work days, evenings, and nights. Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com