Supplies Courier (2086)
Competition #: 1-16426 EXT
Salary: $16.6243 to $17.8943
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Medical Device Reprocessing Department
CLASSIFICATION: Supplies Courier (2086)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 7 months)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: October, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Collect soiled supplies for reprocessing. Deliver medical supplies to the care units, surgical suite and ambulatory clinic when required. Complete orders of in-stock and non-stock supplies. Unload the carts and store the stock. Maintain the stock. Change the dirty laundry bags. Keep the work area and shelves clean. Respect and apply CSA standards and department-specific policies and procedures. During department orientation, show others how to perform tasks or duties.
- High school graduation or successful completion of G.E.D.;
- Skills using computer tools;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to prioritize work;
- Initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.