Senior Manager, Assurance (Privately Held Business)
Office Location New Glasgow, NS
Alternate Location: Antigonish, NS
Req # 6918
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Manager, Assurance - Privately Held Business Group your responsibilities will include:
• Providing solutions to our clients for accounting matters and working with them for growth in current business and financial conditions
• Leading and executing client engagements across different industries and sectors
• Contributing to new business development by understanding all Grant Thornton services and by using your credibility in the field
• Acting as a leader in the business unit, service line, and firm by actively contributing to the development and execution of the Business Unit business plan
• Maximizing engagement profitability by effectively utilizing engagement resources
• Analysis and review of corporate and personal income tax returns, NTRs and Reviews
• Planning and leading teams to ensure that client expectations are exceeded
• Supervision and mentoring of an accounting team, including the review of files
• Leading through the coaching and performance management process of the practice by providing ongoing feedback, conducting timely performance reviews, and delivering training to develop team members.
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Manager, Assurance - Privately Held Business Group? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• CPA designation or equivalent experience is an asset
• At least 7 years' experience in public accounting or related industry
• Superior technical expertise in both accounting and tax
• Commitment to quality, excellence and continual professional growth for yourself and for those you manage
• Excellent written, and verbal communication skills, including exceptional interpersonal skills to earn the trust and confidence of clients and colleagues at all levels and influence decision-makers
• Strong management skills, especially in areas of scheduling, organizing, supervising and multi-team managing
• Self-motivated, results-oriented multi-tasker who works equally well independently and collaboratively.
• Desire to learn and grow, and be an integral part of a high-performing team
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.